Tall Grass Lawn Care BERT is our new landscaping company for the 2018 Summer Season.
- Thursday is our Mowing Day.
- Fertilization, Turf Pre-Emerge and Bed Pre-Emerge & Fertilizer will be applied throughout the summer as scheduled.
- All Front Yards & Garage Bushes will be trimmed again once the plants stop blooming - mid July sometime.
- Back Yard Bushes will be done then too.
- If you have a branch touching your house or one that is broken, please call the office @ 630-208-0369.
- We will continue to replace any dead bushes.
- No Mulch this year.
- We are putting up gutter extensions where needed.
- Gutter Cleaning will commence again in early fall and is ongoing! Rain and Leaves create blockages that we are trying to stay on top of. It is a never ending job for our Maintenance Crew.
- We have a 50/50 Replacement Program where if a resident decides to split the cost of the new Tree, the Association will put it in right away. Normally we plant trees based on "first down, first planted." Cost of a Tree is around $250.00 - $300.00to the unit owner and this includes the labor to plant it.
- Please remember to water your new Trees at least 3 times a week, putting the hose directly on the Trunk and letting the water flow slowly for about 15-20 minutes. You want to get the roots fed while not getting the whole area all wet so the tree won't shift or tilt.
- Sod....please water new sod or grass seed as well. What kills new trees, sod and grass seed the most? NOT ENOUGH WATER. Watering is crucial for New Trees, Scrubs and Grass. Unfortunately we do not have the manpower to water your trees, bushes and grass ourselves so we count on our residents to kindly take on this task. People worry about wasting water or rates going up but a shower will use far more water than using a sprinkler on your lawn or giving a tree a nice, long drink. Pennies a gallon is all it costs. $.06 cents to be exact....that is half a penny per gallon. Call the City of Geneva and see for yourself.
- Lawns are mowed on a weekly basis unless it is not warranted due to dry weather. So far we have had lots of rain so grass is green and lush. Please pick up Toys, Bikes, Newspapers and Dog Waste off the grass in preparation for mowing to help the workers out.
- All Garden/Outdoor Lights must be moved in 12" from Edge so mowers don't hit them. Thank you.
- Front Doors, Garage Doors, Kick Plates and Wood Trim will all be painted as needed.
- Wood will be replaced with "Maintenance Free" Vinyl on those units showing any damage.
We are caulking around doors and windows.
Charleston Court was just Asphalted meaning all the 12 courts are done now for a good few years! Yippee. Very expensive project. We will be sealcoating the courts regularly. Several to be done this year.
- Ongoing scraping and painting of the railings is done each year. So far we have repaired, replaced or painted lots of Railings. Finally eh? Thanks for your patience to all our wonderful residents as I know many of you have been waiting for a long time to get a railing.
Please call the office @ 630-208-0369 or email Lea at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns regarding Lawn Care. We do aim to please. THANK YOU! |